St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner which means those pesky leprechauns will once again be up to their old tricks! Everyone knows that catching a leprechaun is not an easy task. Well, we have a fun and easy recipe the kids can help whip up to catch that tricky old man. Let’s outsmart him this year and make something deliciously irresistible for your kids to place in their trap!
– 4 cups Chex cereal
– 4 cups Lucky Charms cereal
– 2 cups of pretzels
– 1 cup of peanuts
– 1 cup of M & M’s
– 1 bag of white chocolate chips
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine Chex cereal, Lucky Charms cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and M & M’s. Mix all ingredients gently.
3. Using a microwave safe bowl combine white chocolate chips with the vegetable oil. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate until it is completely melted. If necessary, melt the chocolate for an additional 15 seconds. It is important to make sure the chocolate does not burn. You should have a nice smooth mixture.
4. Once you’ve reached a smooth consistency, pour the white chocolate over your mixture of ingredients in the bowl.
Gently stir until everything is covered in the chocolate.
Using a spatula, spread the mixture on the parchment paper you placed on the baking sheet before. Make sure you have an even layer.
5. Set mixture aside for 20 minutes to dry completely.
6. Serve and enjoy!
And that’s it! This is a simple recipe that will disappear faster than that old leprechaun ever could.