Fair season has begun once again. Going to the fair usually means that you will be spending a decent amount of money on that delicious, fried fair food. Well, we have a tasty recipe for fried pickles that will satisfy your taste buds for much less than fair prices. In fact, you probably have most of these ingredients in your home already.
Originally found on Living Chic on the Cheap
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 jar Trü Dill Heat Pickles (We also carry Dill, Bread & Butter, and Smoke flavors)
1 cup of milk
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1. Drain the pickles and blot each pickle dry with a paper towel.
2. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Divide mixture evenly in two bowls.
3. Combine eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
4. Line up the bowls with the milk/egg mixture in between the flour bowls (Shown below).
5. Dip each pickle chip in the first flour mixture, then the egg, and finally into the second flour mixture.
7. Carefully add pickles to the oil using tongs. Batch sizes will vary, depending on the size of your skillet. Be sure not to crowd the skillet. Fry pickles for 3 minutes, flipping in between. Take pickles out when they turn golden brown.
8. Place fried pickles on a plate that is lined with paper towels to drain.
9. Optional: Serve with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.