Fruit Skewer Drink Infusers make delicious alternatives to a bouquet of flowers on Mom’s breakfast-in-bed tray for Mother’s Day. Or use them to create a beautiful centerpiece on the beverage table for your next party. Between fruit, drink, and shape selections, there are hundreds of combinations to try.
- Fruit of your choice (we used strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and cantaloupe). Choose firm fruit that will keep its shape and hold up to handling.
- Drinks of your choice – fruit juice, cocktails, sparkling water, iced tea
- Wooden skewers – size the skewer to your container
- Cookie cutters
- Melon baller to make
Step 1: Prepare the fruit. You can use a melon baller, cookie cutters, or a knife to cut your fruit into fun shapes!
Step 2: Assemble the fruit on the skewers and/or straws. If you plan on using straws, use one straw to poke holes in the fruit and a different straw to assemble the final product. This way your drinking straws don’t become clogged with fruit.
Step 3: Arrange to your taste…
… and enjoy!
- Use different fruit for different kinds of drinks (for example, strawberries in a mimosa, oranges to enhance a refreshing glass of water)
- Eat the fruit when you finish your drink. The drink will add extra flavor to the fruit!
- You can freeze the fruit on the skewer prior to serving, then use in place of ice to keep your drinks cold.