- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- dash of salt
- 1.5 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream or half & half
Equipment: an ice cream maker
- Rinse and remove stems from strawberries.
- Cut berries into halves.
- Using a blender, mix strawberries, salt, sugar, and extracts (vanilla and strawberry) until no large chunks remain.
- Add cream and milk, and puree until smooth.
- Mix ice cream in ice-cream maker for 8-10 min (or according to manufacturer instructions).
- Once the mixture thickens, transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to firm up for approximately 2-3 hours.