2 Cans refrigerated dough (sheets)
16 Skinless hot dogs
8 thick (1/4″-3/8″) slices Colby cheese (can be substituted with cheddar)
Small star cookie cutter (1-2″ diameter), Small piece of styrophome, decorative bucket, and 16 Wooden skewers
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick baking sheet. Set aside.
- Take a skewer and stick it all the way through the center of the hot dog, length-wise, leaving about an inch and a half exposed out of the top of each hot dog.
- Using pizza cutter or knife, slice breadstick dough into a long strip (1/2″) and wrap it around the hot dog in a spiral shape until you reach the top, leaving gaps in between each spiral. Repeat with the rest of the hot dogs and lay them on the baking sheet.
4. Bake hot dogs for about 20 minutes, or until the bread dough is golden brown.
5. While the hot dogs are baking, use a star cookie cutter to cut out stars from the cheese slices.
6. Let the hot dogs cool and then place 1 cheese star at the top of each hot dog in the part of the skewer that’s sticking out of the top.
7. Display the hot dogs using styrofoam so they can stick straight up like firecrackers.
- 16 servings
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
Recipe Source: PopoSugar.com