- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup Buffalo wing sauce (start with ¼ and add more to taste when done)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 8 oz shell pasta (or other pasta)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used half sharp white cheddar and half mild cheddar)
- Add chicken, broth, buffalo sauce and seasonings to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.
- Shred fully cooked chicken with forks and return to crock.
- Add uncooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook pasta on high for 30-45 minutes until fully cooked (if needed you can add additional water ¼ cup at a time for any uncooked noodles and stir).
- In saucepan over medium high heat melt butter.
- Whisk in flour.
- Slowly pour in milk while whisking until smooth.
- Bring to simmer for 4-6 minutes until sauce thickens enough to stick to a spoon (it will be just a little thinner that most cheese sauces).
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add cheese sauce to crock and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.