Valentine’s Day often brings an overwhelming amount of chocolate into your life. Balance a night of rich, chocolate desserts with a refreshing twist on breakfast the next morning. Serve with fresh fruit and lemonade for the ones you love.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (plus extra to grease the griddle)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- zest of one lemon
- Stir the milk, vinegar, and lemon juice together in a bowl; let stand 10 minutes to curdle. Whisk in egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk a few times until the batter is mostly free of lumps.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and grease with butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the griddle. Heart-shaped pancakes are always fun. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes over with a spatula and brown the other side, about 2 more minutes.
Click here to see the original recipe from allrecipes.com.