As seen at Page Hardware’s cooking class
- 3/4 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 -8 oz. package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 9″ baking dish
- Pre-heat oven to 375º.
- Melt butter, take off the heat and add 1/3 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, whisk until combined – this is the “homemade buffalo sauce” used in step 10 – set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan set on medium heat.
- Add in the chicken tenderloin pieces to a pan on medium-high heat, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and begin to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken pieces over and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Once chicken starts to look slightly golden, add 2 Tbsp. Frank’s Hot Sauce and reduce to low, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and shred or cut up the chicken.
- Smear cream cheese in bottom of your baking dish.
- Then add the shredded chicken for the next layer.
- Drizzle half of the homemade buffalo sauce (made in step 2) over the chicken (save some to drizzle after the layer of cheeses).
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese.
- Then sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella on top.
- Drizzle remaining buffalo sauce over the cheeses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes til bubbly and serve with tortilla chips, carrots and celery.
Read more about Michel Vejar, The Epicurean here: http://thetravelingepicurean.com